School me on the H2

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......
skub
Expert

School me on the H2

Post by skub »

Like the title says,what are the various models of H2 like to live with and to ride regularly?

Are the later models more amenable to all traffic conditions than the early H2/H2a,or does it matter?

Yeah I can google stuff like anyone,but I'd like to hear from the horse's mouth,since I know some of you use them as a daily rider and that's where the truth lies.
RacerRB159
Expert

Re: School me on the H2

Post by RacerRB159 »

I’ve got all four, I prefer each one for different reasons. My go to ride would be the B or C, my favourite for fun and hilarity the H2. The H2 gets better mpg too for some reason. The A just looks awesome but mine does surge quite bad, I can fix it but to be fair, it’s not enough of an issue to get the spanners out
Blowing smoke rings over the Green party since 1969
skub
Expert

Post by skub »

RacerRB159 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 pm I’ve got all four, I prefer each one for different reasons. My go to ride would be the B or C, my favourite for fun and hilarity the H2. The H2 gets better mpg too for some reason. The A just looks awesome but mine does surge quite bad, I can fix it but to be fair, it’s not enough of an issue to get the spanners out
Generally,the B or C are less temperamental to ride,yeah? Is the surging peculiar to the H2A over the H2 and the B+C

Lucky man,btw. 8)
Nigel S
Expert

Post by Nigel S »

I had 72 h2 and 75 H2c. Most prefer the H2c, also have a Ducati 996 H2bc special. Which is awesome. Rides like a kawasaki but handles like a Ducati. Also have 4 cylinder 1000 which is just raw power.

Buy one and try it. I would but a C.
Ever started something you wish you had'nt.
husson73
Expert

Post by husson73 »

Would say a B or C but with modified engine with GT 750 silentblocs. You do 650 miles a day w/o be tired.
But w/o slientblocs any H2 depend what you will find 8)
Am 71 H2, 73 H2A and 74 H2B with modified engine with silentblocs owner and rider. :smt004
WS Churchill "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war"
skub
Expert

Post by skub »

A consensus so far seems to be that a B or a C would be a more refined regular user bike.

I've always loved the looks of the original blue H2,but maybe it's fun in smaller doses.
husson73
Expert

Post by husson73 »

Any H2 is a funny weird bike but with any genuine engine w/o silentblocs ( that you can fit only on B/C) you will get crazy vibrations which on long journey, 600 miles a day or more, isn't very nice. You will be tired at the end of the day.
WS Churchill "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war"
skub
Expert

Post by skub »

husson73 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:05 am Any H2 is a funny weird bike but with any genuine engine w/o silentblocs ( that you can fit only on B/C) you will get crazy vibrations which on long journey, 600 miles a day or more, isn't very nice. You will be tired at the end of the day.
I'm not planning any 600 mile a day trips on a triple,just curious which model lends itself to regular use weather permitting. The fact the rubber bushing can only be fitted to the B and C models is useful info. Thumbs Up

Ta muchly for the gen everyone. Duly noted. 8)
Tartan Triple
Expert

Post by Tartan Triple »

did 2000 miles in two weeks on my h2a, after the first 50 miles, the pain goes away and you settle in 8)
skub
Expert

Post by skub »

Tartan Triple wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:18 pm did 2000 miles in two weeks on my h2a, after the first 50 miles, the pain goes away and you settle in 8)
:lol:
SAM
Expert
Location: BIG SHED IN A NICE VILLAGE WITH A GOOD LOCAL. BEDFORDSHIRE

Post by SAM »

Yep I did 1,000 miles in a week period on my H2C.
Not sure what suffered more! Bike survived but did have a few oil leaks. My aches lasted a week.
THREES MORE FUN